Buying a home is a very exciting time for any individual or family. It is one of the biggest investments anyone can make for themselves and their family. With that in mind, proper preparation for the move is key to turn what can be a back-breaking, stressful move into a seamless, stress-free, enjoyable experience. You need some dependable tips to pack for a move.
Best Tips to Pack for a Move: Organization is Key!
What can you do to take the stress away during the move?
- Make sure you give yourself enough time and take everything out before you pack.
- Organize items by box size then go from there.
- We highly suggest that you have Boundless Moving & Storage do the packing. It usually takes a moving crew of 3 about 7 hours to pack an entire 3,000 square foot, four-bedroom home. You may be rolling your eyes or asking “how?” But it’s really true that having someone else will probably much quicker. We are professionals. You may get interrupted, be tempted to multi-task, and of course there’s the time you find an old memento and end up daydreaming for 20 minutes (been there, done that).
What Other Key Things Can You Do to Help Make Your Move Seamless?
- Pack an overnight bag for you and your family essentials. The last thing you’ll want to do after a move is search for toothpaste.
- Pack any items you will need immediately in plastic bins.
- Label, label, label! Label your boxes so you moving crew doesn’t have to bug you on the day of the move. This will save you time and money! Also, if you label the boxes, we can put them in the room they belong in, i.e. “shoes” would go near the closet, etc.
- Think vertical. Pack everything vertically as it has less chance of being damaged.
- Keep moving tools, screws, etc. in baggies in your essential overnight bag.
- Defrost your refrigerator the night before – you don’t want that thing leaking on your stuff or the floor.
- Yes, it’s okay to leave things in the drawers – just not little items that may fall out during the move.
- Label your cords. You may want to even take a photo to show how they are plugged in. Color-coding with duct tape will also be very helpful.
- Hire Boundless Moving & Storage.
Boundless Moving & Storage has professional packing services that can benefit you when moving. Don’t hesitate to give us a call!